Sunday 14 February 2016

M M Feb Highlights

Mid Month Feb Highlights

This month so far as brought two exciting developments in the worlds where literature and culture meet.
 The first was the introduction of the first ever International Women in STEM Day (Feb 11th),  which if you're struggling to think of notable examples, then 'Headstrong: 52 women who changed science and the world' by Rachel Swaby needs to be added to your tbr pile. For far too long the contributions made by women to STEM fields has been overlooked, and I look forward to seeing positive changes in the future.

The second, and some might argue bigger piece of news, depending on who you're asking is the announcement of  A NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK!!! yes, here at Bookshany, I was that excited I used exclamation points when sharing the news on my own private facebook account. Of course, I have the new book, which shall be the playbook/script for 'Harry Potter and the cursed child' on pre-order at Waterstones. For UK readers, the pre-order cost at Waterstones is £10, which is half price of the final RRP.

Finally, as this weekend brings with it both Galentine's Day, (feb 13th) aimed at celebrating female friendships and Valentine's day (feb 14th) the new titles I've added to my tbr pile are: 'Beautiful Broken Things' by Sara Barnard [the cover itself on the UK release is very beautiful and shiny with accents of light gold and rose gold] and 'I Love You Beth Cooper' by Larry Doyle [I've never seen the film, so I have no idea what happens beyond the synopsis]

What are your recommendations for this month's holidays? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get in touch if you would like to contribute to Bookshany, send your thoughts, comments or suggestions!